MCA is seeking a full time Worship Pastor to serve in beautiful Fredericksburg, Ohio, just about an hour southwest of Akron, in the midst of the scenic rolling hills of Ohio’s Amish country. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the key qualifications and responsibilities for this position:
Character: We value consistent sensitivity to God, the practice of spiritual disciplines, and a commitment to:
- Meet the biblical qualifications for a church leader outlined in the New Testament.
- A genuine, growing, daily relationship with Jesus Christ that includes Bible reading and prayer.
- Dependably shouldering responsibilities and consistently participating in worship gatherings and church events.
- Displaying the virtues of humility, flexibility, and teachability
- Upholding the vision and values of MCA while doing excellent ministry in close theological alignment.
Chemistry: We value living in community with others, working in teams, and a commitment to:
- Living in community with believers through an MCA core group and working in ministry teams with a vision and passion for equipping others to serve.
- Joining a team-oriented work environment with a positive, joyful outlook on ministry and life.
- Displaying a creative and forward-thinking approach to ministry, looking for ways to inject creative elements into ministry and to strategically improve and initiate change.
- Resolving conflict tactfully, kindly and directly.
- Participating in weekly staff meetings, leadership meetings, and other leadership development opportunities.
Competency/Responsibilities: We value a strong work ethic and a commitment to:
- Developing and lead worship teams of talented, servant-hearted musicians and vocalists.
- Providing leadership, oversight, and pastoral care for leaders and volunteers on the audio and visual tech teams as you work side-by-side in ministry.
- Assist Lead Pastor in planning and execution of meaningful, creative Sunday morning services.
- Working with Lead Pastor in development and oversight of Adult Discipleship initiatives including: midweek Bible studies, men’s ministry, and growth seminars.
- Overseeing social media and assisting with media ministries including coordinating the video production, photography, and graphic design ministry.
- Fostering a culture of developing, equipping, empowering, and multiplying leaders.
- Meeting regularly with the Lead Pastor for discipleship and communicating worship strategy, vision.
- Follower of Christ and has a lifestyle that demonstrates obedience to Him.
- Commitment to a daily devotional time that includes prayer and God’s Word.
- Has a passion for excellence in leading worship, leading and developing a team of volunteers, and solid administrative abilities.
- A creative-minded person that has a desire to think outside of the box.
- Commitment to the vision, mission, and values of MCA.
- Excellent in leading vocally and with an instrument, either piano or guitar.
- Relationally engaging with others and equipping them for ministry.
- Has a working knowledge of worship-leading technology.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required.
- Preferred candidates will have 2+ years of experience leading worship.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
If interested please complete and submit the following application form.