Watch the MCA Update here
March 25, 2020
MCA Church Family,
I hope that you are doing well and surviving the state-wide “Stay at Home” order. Life has changed for all of us, and we need to continue to band together as a church.
MCA is doing some amazing outreach efforts, including home repairs on two houses and a free lunch distribution to local families. If you have any needs, please let us know.
I wanted to let you know the ballot results from our recent vote to approve Nick Mast as Worship Leader and Director of Local Outreach. Nick was approved and received a 99% approval rate.
The church office will be closed the next two weeks, as our staff works remotely. You can still reach them by phone using the church office number. 330-695-3011
You can expect weekly updates from us each Wednesday with any developments.
1. Keep praying! Continue praying for those affected by COVID-19. Pray for government and business leaders as they make decisions aimed at keeping the public safe. Pray also for healthcare workers on the frontlines of this outbreak.
2. Stay connected! Reach out to those in your family, neighborhood, and core group.
3. Tune in! Join the MCA Facebook Livestream on Sunday morning, March 29 @ 10:00AM to hear this week’s message from John Risner in our TechWise series.
It has been good to see how the church family has joined in the Facebook Live messages from John. We are encouraged by the participation from our church family in the online services.
Please continue to pray for our leaders.
Church Council Chairman
March 18, 2020
MCA Church Family,
Last Sunday we launched our first Sunday Morning Live Stream sermon using Facebook. It went really well and provided a way for MCA to connect, virtually, despite the COVID-19 restrictions. We hope that you were able to join that service and found it to be meaningful.
Our MCA Church Council held a meeting last night to discuss the COVID-19 issues and to determine the appropriate next steps for MCA. During that meeting, the following decisions were made:
• We will shift Sunday Morning Worship Services to online streaming for the next three weeks. This will cover March 22nd, 29th and April 5th .
• All Wednesday Night Services are being suspended until April 8th.
• A weekly communication video will be posted each Wednesday and sent out to the church.
• The Worship Leader Ballot voting for Nick Mast will close on Sunday March 22nd.
Thank you for your continued support and prayers as we work through the COVID-19 pandemic. As you look ahead, we want to encourage you with a few action steps that you can take.
1. Continue to Pray: Keep seeking the Lord and pray for our leaders and those working to control COVID-19.
2. Continue to Give: Our ministry at MCA depends on your continued financial support. Consider mailing in your donation or use the online giving options.
3. Continue to Connect: Keep good communication with your friends at Church. Don’t become disconnected or lose track of one another.
We are planning on another Facebook Live Streaming event for Sunday March 22nd and hope to see you then.
March 13, 2020
MCA Church Family,
It has been a crazy week! Like many of you, we have been monitoring the coronavirus situation. We want to do our part to ensure the health of those most vulnerable, so we have decided that we will not hold our regular worship service this weekend.
This does not mean that MCA has “shut down.” In fact, with schools closed for the next three weeks, we will have an opportunity to minister to those in our community. We are currently developing plans to bless our neighbors in Fredericksburg (and beyond) during this time.
- Join us in praying for Governor DeWine, Dr. Acton (Director of Ohio Department of Health), and other leaders as they make difficult decisions aimed at keeping Ohioans and healthcare workers safe and healthy.
- Connect with those in your family, neighborhood, and core group.
- Tune in via Facebook Live on Sunday morning, March 15 @ 10:00AM to hear this week’s message in our TechWise series.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will make a decision for the March 22 worship service early next week. Wednesday night programing for JAM and Jr High has been cancelled for the next 3 weeks.
I look forward to when we next gather together! I am praying for you and asking the Lord to supply us with wisdom. “Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity…”Ephesians 5:15-16